Buddhi joined the Faculty of Business and Law in March 2019 with extensive experience in teaching, research and start-up. Previously he held academic appointments at University of Wales Trinity Saint David and Henley Business School, University of Reading. He holds qualifications in Management: a doctorate degree (PhD) and Master of Science (MSc with a Distinction pass) both from Henley Business School, University of Reading and first degree; BA in Business Management (Hons) from the University of Wales Trinity Saint David, UK. In addition to his regular academic jobs, he has worked in an IT firm for over 4 years in the UK. Buddhi has also envisaged a drive towards entrepreneurship, through co-founding start-ups in the area of fast food and charity.
- Strategy, Culture and Innovation
- Qualitative Research Methods
- MSc dissertation/ MBA Project Supervision
Accepting PhD Students
- Service Dominant Logic: Value Co-creation, Value Co-destruction, Technology and Service Innovation, Business Model Innovation.
- Transaction Cost Economies in Digital World: economic opportunism vs bounded rationality
- Social Impact of Emerging Technology, e.g. mass adoption of AI, autonomous vehicle, and Blockchain.
- The use of Technology across Culture
Country Co-investigator (CCI) for the “GLOBE 2020 Project” https://globeproject.com/globe_2020
July 2019- December 2020
GLOBE 2020 is the next phase of The Global Leadership and Organizational Behavior Effectiveness (GLOBE) Project, focused on understanding the drivers of culture change and trust building across the world. The project will build on the past two decades of findings on societal culture by conducting surveys among 300-500 mid-level managers in over 100 countries. As a CCI, I play a significant role in the conduct of the on-site research activities in Nepal and incorporate that with the results of other countries.
Papers under review
- Value co-destruction: Exploring the role of actors’ opportunism in the B2B context (With Tan, Y., Ashok, M.) Submitted to International Journal of Information Managment.
- An examination of challenges in commercialising technologies in emerging market; lessons from Ankara entrepreneurial ecosystem (With Caglar, D., Kuyrukcu, A., Dzandu, M. D.). Accepted at the 17th Interdisciplinary European Conference on Entrepreneurial Research, 16-18 Oct 2019, Utrecht, Netherlands.
- An investigation into factors affecting value co-creation between businesses (With Tan, Y., Ashok, M.) Target Journal: Journal of Interactive Marketing.
- How SMEs co-create value: An investigation of firm’s perspective on co-creating value with the customer. Target conference: European Conference on Information Systems (ICIS) 2020.
- User acceptance and societal impact of autonomous vehicles: factors and implications. (With Dzandu, M. D., Gulliver, S. Mihov, B. L.). Target Journal: Transportation Science