My research focus is on exceptional human experiences - and what these might tell us about the nature of consciousness (and its processes). My aim is to establish reliable and generally accessible practices that can be applied across a range of industries and communities to support healing, transpersonal understanding and ethical decision making.
An advocate for alterity in both the arts and science, I am experienced in writing for and advising press and media on unusual and misrepresented topics:
- In the arts, I have been a successful theatre producer and promoter of gender arts and burlesque for twenty years; a communty leader, writer and media spokesperson involved in cultural change at a national level.
- In science, I have been involved with Ganzfled DMILS research at the Koestler Parapsychology Unit and, psychical research (and formal paranormal investigation) having also been a council member for the SSPR and a member of the SPR.
As a psychology alumni of four UK Universities, scholar of mysticism, wellbeing professional and creator of original personal development materials, I also run a private membership programme for Highly Sensitive Persons (HSPs).
As a member of EECS (Exceptional Human Experiences and Conscioiusness Studies):
- Psi an parapsychology
- Exceptional Human Experience
- Consciousness Research
- Altered States of Consciousness
- HSP and Empathy
- Mental Health, Anxiety
Expertise related to UN Sustainable Development Goals
In 2015, UN member states agreed to 17 global Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure prosperity for all. This person’s work contributes towards the following SDG(s):
Alef Trust, Liverpool John Moores University
Award Date: 25 Mar 2022
University of Manchester
Award Date: 1 Jun 2015
University of Edinburgh
Award Date: 1 Jun 2005
Bachelor, University of Glasgow
Award Date: 1 Jun 2003
- BF Psychology
- Transpersonal Psychology
- Extra-sensory perception
- Sensory Isolation
- Exceptional Human Experiences
- Mental Health and Wellbeing
- Highly Sensitive Persons
- Paranormal Experience
- 1 Similar Profiles