Research Output per year
A passionate, enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated educator, with extensive teaching, broadcast and journalism experience, with the ability and skills to translate these into effective and meaningful learning. Inspires and encourages both students and staff to reaching their full potential.
As an International Political Video Journalist for various international news agencies, produced and edited news packages for transmission across the world including broadcasters such as SABC, CBS News (60 minutes), Reuters, BBC World News, Sky News, as well as working with UNESCO to provide training for new entrants and media professionals on using digital video cameras and editing software.
Working knowledge of industry standard tools and processes, is underpinned by my continued high end digital production work for clients including Gumball 3000, CWCC, Coventry City Council, 247.tv, Paralympics Committe (World Shooting Para Sport), the NHS and advisory roles for various local, regional and international organisations.
In terms of generating research and revenue, proven track record in attracting additional funding and support for educational and vocational projects across statutory, community and private sectors, from grant-making trusts to EU funded projects. Examples of these include:
- 2012: Asked to be involved in a Youth Enterprise and Unemployment across Europe project looking at pan-European youth employment, entrepreneurship and education. In charge of the research work package, from research strategy and design to coordinating a team of educationalists, business professionals and government officials in conducting both qualitative and quantitative research activity, tracking the findings from seven EU countries. Produced a final report which was disseminated to national governments, and here in the UK, it fed into a Call for Action from House of Lords on enterprise and career guidance for Young People.
- 2013: Submitted a successful Leonardo funded European mobility project, allowing 30 students to produce a series of transmedia products for Maltese Tourist Authority, working, on-location filming and editing in a guest country, developing independent living skills as well as production experience, before presenting their final productions to an audience of professional partners. In a role of facilitator and production supervisor, providing all students with technical and production support.
- 2014: Authored and delivered successful European Social Fund tenders, and, as a result we partnered with St Martin's Institute in Malta, on a project training Maltese nationals in film and television industries. Responsible for the design, coordination and delivery of fourteen practical skill-based film and television production courses, overseeing both BOA employees and guest professionals to deliver these abroad. On completion, the programme exceeded stated targets by facilitating more than two hundred participants.
Other commitments include:
- 2015 - 2017: Participated in the BBC and Creative Skillset; English Region Skills Review. I am a member of various strategy groups comprising of employers, educational and intermediary institutions and policy makers, allowing me to contribute to future creative and digital arts sector development; regularly attending meetings as part of the Smart Cities initiative to develop the creative sector within the region, sitting on a Coding Strategy Group on developing young peoples’ ability to code in line with future job prospects
- 2014 - 2018: An active member of the Smart Cities initiative strategy group to develop the creative sector within the West Midlands region, sitting on a Coding Strategy Group focusing on developing young peoples’ ability to code in line with future job prospects
2015 - pres: ‘Digital champion’ on The Belgrade Theatre Board of Directors and chair of the Arts Policy Committee.
- 2017 - pres: Board of Director for Mercurial Arts
- 2019: Governor at Good Shepherd Catholic Primary School
External moderator for Pearson
C@NDO Fellowship application Mentor
Digital Media Sector
Future Employment trends
BAME Attainment and Belonging
Online resources for graduates
Programme Leader: Creative, Film and Digital Media Production
- Digital and Social Media Production
- Multi-camera production Techniques
- TV studio Broadcsting
- Live TV Broadcasting
- News Skills for Journalists
- Reportng Skills for Sports Journalists
- Creative Video
Master, Coventry University
Oct 2009 → Sep 2010
University of Warwick
Oct 2007 → Jun 2009
City College Coventry
Sep 2007 → Jun 2009
North Kensington Video Drama Project
Apr 1994 → Jan 1995
London Institute of Printing
Sep 1990 → Jun 1993
Director of Digital Arts, Business and Enterprise, Birmingham Ormiston Academy1 Sep 2011 → 31 Aug 2016
Course Organiser and Senior Lecture, City College Coventry1 Aug 2003 → 31 Aug 2011
- L Education (General)
- TR Photography
Research output: Contribution to Journal › Conference Article
Research output: Book/Report › Commissioned Report